Team from Brown & Co in Norwich donate nearly £2,000 to YMCA Norfolk
- Credit: Supplied
Staff at a property consultancy firm have raised almost £2,000 for YMCA Norfolk.
The team from Brown & Co in Norwich held in-office events including bring and share lunches, cake-baking competitions, sports predictions and various quizzes, games and festivities to raise the money.
The company also runs an internal tuck shop for staff, from which all proceeds go to charity.
Its donation of £1,860 to the county YMCA branch follows a £2,000 donation to the charity, which was raised through the Brown & Co annual quiz in 2016.
Tim Sweeting, chief executive of YMCA Norfolk for the past eight years, received the cheque from Brown & Co staff and thanked them for the donation, which will contribute towards supporting young people and their families in the wider Norfolk community and enabling them to fulfil their potential.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 5 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 6 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 7 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 10 Police reopen road following earlier crash