Suffolk/ Norfolk: ‘California of Europe’ theme for New Anglia LEP conference
EAST Anglia's potential to become 'the California of Europe' will be the theme for the New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership's third major conference, to be held in Suffolk next month.
The focus on the knowledge, innovation, creativity and lifestyle of Cambridge, Suffolk and Norfolk reflects a recent comment in Parliament by Ipswich MP Ben Gummer that 'All of us have a vision ... for our region as a whole. It should be the California of Europe'.
The event, sponsored by PwC and Mills & Reeve, is to be held at Wherstead Park, the home of the East of England Co-operative Society just outside Ipswich, on the morning of Monday, October 22.
Johnny Hustler, managing director of Archant Anglia, whose East Anglian Daily Times and Eastern Daily Press titles are joint media sponsors of the conference, will interview New Anglia chairman Andy Wood, in 'The Hustler Interview', exploring the conference theme and the LEP's progress in growth jobs across Suffolk and Norfolk.
Dr Wood said: 'In our region we have a powerful triangle of knowledge and innovation. This includes, Cambridge's bioscience and digital expertise, Suffolk's central of digital excellence at Martlesham BT, and Norfolk's biotech, cleantech and medical science sectors.
You may also want to watch:
'There is great potential for Suffolk and Norfolk businesses to exploit this knowledge, as is being achieved by Cambridge's business community.
'Digital knowledge is at the core of the Norwich-based company Proxama and I'm delighted that Neil Garner will be joining us. As the chief executive of this mobile commerce business, he has a wealth of knowledge from doing business in the US. It will be fascinating to learn from his experience working with Californian entrepreneurs and the lessons our business community can learn to help growth.'
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR
Also speaking at the conference will be Doug Field, executive officer for finance and technology at the East of England Co-op, who will highlight opportunities to become part of the society's supply chain and its recently launched Regional Investment Fund for business. Further speakers will be announced shortly.
To find out more about the conference and to book a place please visit, www.newangliabooking.co.uk .