Start-Rite announces resignation of CEO
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The chief executive of Start-Rite Shoes has announced his resignation.
Ian Watson has announced he will leave the Norwich-based shoe retailer on January 31.
Mr Watson joined Start-Rite in 2016 as the first non-family member to run the company.
In a statement, Start-Rite said: 'Over the last three years, Mr Watson has delivered a fundamental overhaul of the business, developing a strong strategic plan to transform the brand's products, processes and people, making it more relevant for today's consumer.'
MORE: H. Samuel confirms Great Yarmouth departure and says it is 'sorry' to be leavingMr Watson said: 'It's with sadness that I leave my position of chief executive at Start-Rite Shoes. My decision to resign is no reflection on this business or the people within it. I have been offered a new challenge which was too good an opportunity to turn down.
You may also want to watch:
'The company and its board have shown me great support over the last three years, and I wish them all continued success in the years to come.'
The board is actively recruiting a new CEO.
- 1 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 2 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 3 Chef to reopen major hotel that closed amid financial woes
- 4 Couple who drove from Hull to Norfolk for a walk among lockdown breakers
- 5 Coronavirus: How busy are our local hospitals?
- 6 Revealed: how many people have had the Covid-19 vaccine where you live
- 7 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 8 Burglars cut hole in fence to steal Labrador from kennel
- 9 Customers slam boss of axed music festival over refusal to refund deposits
- 10 Drama as police plane circles villages for missing person