Spirit makers Wild Knight strike gold with new product
- Credit: Archant
A spirits producer which named its newest product after Norfolk's most famous seafaring son is settings its sights on the global market.
The makers of Wild Knight English vodka are adding a second product to their drinks cabinet with Nelson's Gold caramelised vodka – a 26% ABV tipple combining the signature single-distilled barley vodka with caramel made from East Anglian sugar beet.
Company founders Matt and Steph Brown sold half their first 500-litre batch of Nelson's Gold before it was even bottled, with customers including Jarrold in Norwich.
It was officially launched at an event on Monday at the Maids Head Hotel – a stockist of Wild Knight vodka.
Just a year after launching the couple have ambitions to begin exporting their products, with Mr Brown aiming to take 80% of the company's business outside the UK. He added that they were planning to grow Wild Knight 'quite significantly' through 2017.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 5 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 6 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 7 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 8 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 9 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 10 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest