Six things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Here's our quick guide to six things happening in Norfolk this weekend.
Saturday November 21
• Poringland Farmers' Market
9.30 – 1pm.
20 stalls including fresh seasonal produce, jams, eggs, pork, beef, cider, plants, local bread, cheese, beer, cakes and local crafts. Cafe area with drinks and freshly-cooked food, something for everyone.
- 1 ‘Porn addict’ Norfolk doctor who secretly filmed women struck off
- 2 Rare insect spotted in Norfolk for first time in nearly 100 years
- 3 5 famous faces who were born in King's Lynn
- 4 Norwich street named one of the most beautiful in the world
- 5 Seven people arrested after 50 vehicles stopped by police at Thickthorn
- 6 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 7 Woman’s death prompts ‘significant dangers’ warning over A11 cycle races
- 8 Norfolk fish and chip shop named one of the 10 best in the UK
- 9 Norfolk start-up taking on retail giant Amazon
- 10 Josh Martin heading for City exit
• Sandringham Park Christmas park
10am-6pm, £6.50 adults, £6 concessions and £2 children
This popular Christmas fair in Sandringham Park blends arts and crafts, regional food and drink, unusual gifts. Demonstrations, Firey Jack Show and Santa chainsaw carvers. Also two performances of the panto, Beauty and the Beast.
7.15pm £8.00 - £53.00 + fees
Die Entfuhrung aus dem Serail
Glyndebourne return to the Norwich Theatre Royal with three diverse operas, stunning costumes and imaginative productions, all underpinned with breathtaking music and performances from the next generation of opera stars.
Sunday November 22
• Norwich Half Marathon
Watch the race which starts and finishes within the Norfolk Showground and follows a rural route through the parishes of Easton, Honingham, Colton, Barnham Broom, Marlingford and close to Easton College. All roads along the race route are closed to through traffic while the race is in progress, so line the streets to cheer on the runners.
• Great Yarmouth Christmas market
10am-4pm , admission free
Traditional festive entertainment at the extended Christmas craft and gifts market at Great Yarmouth Market Place and Yarmouth Minster. Snow-globe photo booth, meet characters from Frozen. Plus try the ice rink, priced at £6 adults and £4 for children.
• Swaffham Christmas lights switch on
The fun starts at the market place opened at midday. There will be stalls, music, a funfair and a celebrity guest, dressed in red arriving on a sleigh. The lights will be switched on at 4.30pm so bring the family along for this special festive treat.