Shaving firm signs US distribution deal with Remington
The global expansion of shaving products firm King of Shaves has taken a major step forward in a deal which will see its goods sold across the US and Canada.
King of Shaves, which was founded in Lowestoft by entrepreneur Will King in 1993, will see its products distributed in the North American countries by Remington, one of the world's leading personal care firms, in the 'multi-year' deal.
The partnership will see the launch of the Remington King of Shaves Azor razor in the American market from the spring of 2011. King of Shaves-branded men's grooming products will also be distributed by Remington parent company Spectrum, which supplies major US retailers, department stores and drug stores chains.
The deal comes just days after Japanese manufacturing and technology firm Kai Industries was unveiled as a strategic investor in King of Shaves in a partnership which will help grow the brand in the Far Eastern country.
King of Shaves, which has its registered address in Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire, has grown to become a �30m business, which Mr King hopes will grow to �100m by 2012/13, driven by overseas expansion. Announcing the US deal, Mr King said: 'Partnering with the Remington brand in the US market is a pivotal moment for our company and brand.
You may also want to watch:
'We have delivered hundreds of millions of shaves via our award-winning products, loved by millions of men and women, and now we have a highly regarded US brand partner who can truly leverage our products providing real sales penetration and brand awareness for us in the key US market.'
Drew Fiorenza, vice president for Spectrum's Remington division, added: 'Teaming the very trendy wet shave brand they've created in the UK with the Remington brand's long-standing heritage and reputation in the US is certain to result in success for everyone.'
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 8 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 9 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 10 Glamping site approval despite highway safety concerns