PureGym to install Norfolk-made fire extinguishers in all its gyms
- Credit: TMS Media
The UK's largest fitness operator has chosen a Norfolk fire extinguisher maker to supply its network of more than 200 gyms.
PureGym, which has more than one million members, is installing Britannia Fire's P50 extinguisher in its premises throughout England and Scotland.
The group's head of risk Malcolm Shevlin said it had opted for the P50 – which can be maintained in-house by trained staff – to remove the process of 'organising and chasing' external servicing to improve efficiency and make savings on extinguisher servicing contracts.
Andy Spence, sales director at Britannia Fire, said sales of the P50 have grown by 45% so far in 2018, with three shifts running at its Ashwellthorpe factory.
The firm is also nearing the completion of a programme to fit P50s across Heathrow Airport's terminals.
You may also want to watch:
'Its innovation and technology is in line with what the modern world demands,' Mr Spence said.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 5 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 6 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 7 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 8 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 9 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 10 Glamping site approval despite highway safety concerns