Proposal lodged for McDonalds’ drive-thru at Asda
- Credit: Archant
A fast food chain is bidding for its second drive-thru restaurant in Great Yarmouth.
Plans are in the pipeline for a freestanding facility in the car park at Asda on Acle New Road, close to Vauxhall Station.
Great Yarmouth Borough Council confirmed it had received a planning application which had yet to be checked and uploaded onto its public system.
McDonalds also has a restaurant in Regent Road, Great Yarmouth, and another with a drive-thru at Gapton Hall retail park where huge demand had reportedly lead to incidents of road rage as motorists simmered in queues that backed out onto the main road.
An extra access lane has since been added to alleviate traffic problems caused by the drive-thru.
The bid will also include a remodelling of the click and collect area as well as car parking, landscaping, and order displays for the drive-thru customers.
You may also want to watch:
A McDonald’s spokesperson said: “We have submitted a planning application in relation to a new drive thru restaurant at Asda Great Yarmouth.
“If our application is successful, the new restaurant will create at least 65 new jobs in the local community.”
- 1 Police give out £200 penalty notices to day-trippers for second weekend running
- 2 'They think they can get away with it' - crowds flock to seaside village
- 3 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 4 100 cannabis plants found at three neighbouring properties in village
- 5 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 6 Man in 70s punched and kicked repeatedly after being pulled from car
- 7 Norfolk Covid-19 cases at lowest level since October, figures show
- 8 Man dies after rescue operation to cardiac arrest call
- 9 Family of missing man informed after body found in water
- 10 Power cut caused by electric pole fire hits more than 600 homes