Norfolk’s favourite family days out revealed
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk has voted for its favourite family day out.
The Primary Times has revealed its Star Award winners, which reveal where parents of children between the ages of four to 11 prefer to visit.
The Primary Times is a family friendly magazine with a distribution across the county, and said that it had seen it's highest ever turnout for the online survey.
A spokeswoman said: "Winning an award is a real accomplishment. The results provide an interesting snapshot of what is popular with families at this current time."
MORE: Mean Girls mugs and botanical prints: Inside Norwich's new independent shop The top prize is the overall winner across a series of categories, which went to BeWILDerwood.
BeWILDerwood, which is an adventure park located in Horning, also took home the prize for the best full day out family attraction.
You may also want to watch:
On top of this, it also clinched the prizes for best outdoor play area, and the best value for money.
The best family attraction for a half day out was Wroxham Barns, which was reportedly a "big hit" with readers on account of its seasonal events and play areas.
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
The best indoor play area went to Farmer Fred's Adventure Play Barn, with the bets party venue going to James D's Party Time.
The best free local family event was won by Cromer Carnival, which was followed by the Lord Mayor's Procession in Norwich.
Thursford's Christmas Spectacular won best seasonal event of the year, with The Polar Express from the Mid-Norfolk Railway coming in as runner up.
The best local fair or show was run by the Royal Norfolk Show, with the best family holiday going to Center Parcs at Elveden Forest.
Linda Edwards, publishing editor at Primary Times said: "The results are incredibly insightful and are sure to help other local families decide what to do and where to go.
"We would like to applaud all the individual winners of each category and congratulate them on their success. We'd also like to congratulate BeWILDerwood on being such a big hit with our readers once again, winning the particularly significant Overall Winner award.
"BeWILDerwood delivers incredibly high standards with innovation, and winning several awards is an example of consistent practice and good management. We look forward to seeing what the next twelve months will bring."