Poundworld reveals locations of 80 further store closures
- Credit: PA
Poundworld stores in East Anglia are among another 80 branches set to close, putting a total of 1,024 jobs at risk.
Among the latest cull are stores in Norwich, which employs 10 people, King's Lynn, which has 26 staff, and Chelmsford, which has 16 staff.
It follows news earlier this week that the discount retailer would close 25 branches – including one in Ipswich – with the loss of 242 jobs.
Administrators at Deloitte said the latest closures would not impact the potential sale of the remaining business and that discussions with interested parties were ongoing.
Joint administrator Clare Boardman said: 'Whilst we remain hopeful that a sale for part, or parts, of the business can still happen, it has not been possible to sell the business as a whole.
'We would like to thank all the employees for their continued support and commitment during this difficult time.
You may also want to watch:
'We are keeping staff appraised of developments as they happen.'
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 3 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 4 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 5 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 6 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 7 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 8 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 9 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 10 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues