Photo gallery: Stars join Norfolk is... campaign to celebrate the best of Nelson’s County
- Credit: Archant
Contributions to the new Norfolk is... campaign have flooded in, as you have begun to let us know your favourite things about the county.
We launched the campaign yesterday asking readers to capture through words, pictures or video the reasons why Norfolk is such a special place to live or visit.
And already Norfolk is... has received its first celebrity endorsements.
Television presenter Jake Humphrey and Olympic boxer Anthony Ogogo have both made their Norfolk is... choices.
Mr Humphrey, who grew up in south Norfolk and attended Framingham Earl High School in Poringland, simply said: 'Norfolk is... the place on the planet I love the most.'
While Ogogo, originally from Lowestoft but who spends much of his time in Norwich, said: 'Norfolk is... fish and chips on the sea front.'
But readers have also been sending us their contributions in lots of different ways.
- 1 Vehicles worth £50k stolen from Royal Norfolk Show
- 2 Blaze sees 20 passengers evacuated from city bus
- 3 First-time publicans transform their local and are already winning awards
- 4 Primary school left without governors after mass walkout
- 5 John Bailey: Lord Botham, our cricketing angler/conservationist
- 6 All of the Norfolk streets that won the Postcode Lottery in June
- 7 Protests planned against soaring fuel prices
- 8 'Significant construction' on A47 to begin in 2023
- 9 New fishing tackle shop has 'amazing opening day'
- 10 Couple who transformed old mill into unique new home put it up for sale
Twitter users have been using the hashtag #NorfolkIs to send tweets and photos, including Trevor Key, from Wyomndham.
Using his @yekrovert account, Mr Key wrote: '#NorfolkIs bucket & spade, big skies, green & yellow, 'A Fine City', candy floss & crab, wind-blown fields, Bittern & Harrier, quirky & home.'
Comments have also been sent on www.edp24.co.uk, including from Malaga Flier, who said: 'Split my year between Norfolk and southern Spain. Just love the county. It is so tranquil and people who have not visited it just do not know how attractive it is. Birdwatching on the north Norfolk coast is one of my hobbies.'
People have also been sharing their views on the EDP24 Facebook page and, as shown on these pages, have been sharing photos of their favourite places at www.iwitness24.co.uk
- View reader photos which have been sent in so far in the gallery at the top-right of this page.