Photo gallery: Stars join Norfolk is... campaign to celebrate the best of Nelson’s County
- Credit: Archant
Contributions to the new Norfolk is... campaign have flooded in, as you have begun to let us know your favourite things about the county.
We launched the campaign yesterday asking readers to capture through words, pictures or video the reasons why Norfolk is such a special place to live or visit.
And already Norfolk is... has received its first celebrity endorsements.
Television presenter Jake Humphrey and Olympic boxer Anthony Ogogo have both made their Norfolk is... choices.
Mr Humphrey, who grew up in south Norfolk and attended Framingham Earl High School in Poringland, simply said: 'Norfolk is... the place on the planet I love the most.'
You may also want to watch:
While Ogogo, originally from Lowestoft but who spends much of his time in Norwich, said: 'Norfolk is... fish and chips on the sea front.'
But readers have also been sending us their contributions in lots of different ways.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
Twitter users have been using the hashtag #NorfolkIs to send tweets and photos, including Trevor Key, from Wyomndham.
Using his @yekrovert account, Mr Key wrote: '#NorfolkIs bucket & spade, big skies, green & yellow, 'A Fine City', candy floss & crab, wind-blown fields, Bittern & Harrier, quirky & home.'
Comments have also been sent on www.edp24.co.uk, including from Malaga Flier, who said: 'Split my year between Norfolk and southern Spain. Just love the county. It is so tranquil and people who have not visited it just do not know how attractive it is. Birdwatching on the north Norfolk coast is one of my hobbies.'
People have also been sharing their views on the EDP24 Facebook page and, as shown on these pages, have been sharing photos of their favourite places at www.iwitness24.co.uk
- View reader photos which have been sent in so far in the gallery at the top-right of this page.