Norwich’s traffic and travel plans for the Lord Mayor’s Celebration
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Several roads in Norwich's city centre will be closed for extended periods of time this weekend due to the Lord Mayor's Celebration. For the full list, including how you can travel to the spectacular event, please see below.
• Closures from 12.01am Friday to 11.59pm Sunday: Bethel Street between St Peters Street and the Forum Car Park, Gentleman's Walk, St Georges Street, Brigg Street, St Peters Street.
• From 6am Saturday to 6am Sunday: Malthouse Road, Theatre Street, Rampant Horse Street, William Booth Close.
• From 1.45pm to 7pm on Saturday: Newmarket Road between its junctions with Mile End Road and Ipswich Road.
You may also want to watch:
• From 3pm Saturday to 1am Sunday: Agricultural Hall Plain, Arcade Street, Bank Plain, Bank Street, Bedford Street, Bishopgate, Castle Meadow, Castle Street, Cattle Market Street, Chantry Road, Chapelfield East, Chapelfield Road (both directions between car park entrance and St Stephens roundabout), Davey Place, Exchange Street, Farmers Avenue, Gaol Hill, Hay Hill, Haymarket, Kingsley Road, Lobster Lane, London Street, Lower Goat Lane, Opie Street, Orford Hill, Orford Place, Orford Street, Market Avenue, Palace Street, Pottergate from Lower Goat Lane to Lobster Lane, Queens Road (between St Stephens Street and All Saints Green), Queen Street, Red Lion Street, Redwell Street, Rose Lane, St Andrews Hill, St Andrews Street between Exchange Street and Queen Street, St Martin at Palace Plain, St Stephens Road, St Stephens Street, St Stephens Square, Surrey Street, Timberhill, Tombland, Upper King Street, Victoria Street, Westlegate, Whitefriars, White Lion Street and Wood Street.
• From 3pm Saturday to 1am Sunday: vehicles will be permitted to use Upper Goat Lane and only buses, cycles, hackney carriages, and private hire vehicles will be allowed to travel in the Grove Road Bus Lane to Brazengate.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 3 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 4 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 9 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 10 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
• Closures on Sunday 7am-7pm: Bedford Street, Pottergate, Lobster Lane, and St Benedict's Street from Charing Cross to St Swithins Road.
On Saturday there will be temporary bus stops on Surrey Street and All Saints Green (outside John Lewis) for departures affected by road closures. After 7pm, buses run from Norwich Bus Station.
Harford, Airport and Sprowston Park and Ride services will run until 7.30pm. There will be extra Park and Ride services to Thickthorn until 11pm.
• For more information on the event, contact Norwich City Council on 01603 212626.