Norwich running store Sweatshop to close this summer
A city centre running shop will be closing this summer.
Sweatshop, on Westlegate, Norwich, will trade for the final day on August 17.
A member of staff, who did not want to be named, said staff were told it would close just over a week ago.
She added that six people - four part-time and two full-time - worked at the store.
As well as selling running equipment, the Norwich shop organises free 5K runs and effort sessions around the city, which are attended by 60 people each week.
You may also want to watch:
The manager said these would have to stop after the business closed, if no-one carried on the community running club.
The Sweatshop chain was founded in 1971 under another name.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
In 2014 Sports Direct International became a major shareholder.
The EDP and Norwich Evening News contacted Sports Direct International for a comment. The firm is yet to comment on the closure.