Norwich hotel wins two awards
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2013
Staff at the Holiday Inn are celebrating after they beat off competition from 700 other hotels to win an award.
The Carrow Road hotel scooped the Great Hotels Guest Love and an award for excellence at a ceremony in Dublin.
Both awards were voted for by guests.
General manager, Bill Heath, said: 'The team work so hard here and they have a laugh.
'Some of our guests commented that the hotel was like a home from home. We get a lot of repeat guests.
You may also want to watch:
'We knew we had been shortlisted for the Great Hotels Guests Love award so we had a one in eight change of winning it.'
The awards were presented by Sir Chris Hoy.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 3 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 4 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 5 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 6 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 10 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
'He did a question and answer session afterwards which was so inspiring,' Mr Heath added.
He said the team are now aiming for the Hotel of the Year title at next year's awards.