Norwich firm Brandbank forges Italian partnership
- Credit: © ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
A Norwich company which creates images for supermarket websites has joined forces with an Italian organisation to further strengthen its international credentials.
Brandbank has forged a partnership with GS1 Italy to launch Immagino – a service in the Italian FMCG grocery retail sector which provides suppliers and retailers with a way of creating, managing and distributing product information.
It comes after the former EDP Future 50 firm, based at Robberds Way, Bowthorpe, established its presence in the US, Ireland, Poland, the Czech Republic, Malaysia and China.
Rob Tarrant, chief executive at Brandbank, said: 'Entering into this agreement with Immagino further increases the reach of our service proposition and model in Europe, and reinforces our ability and willingness to work with operators and service providers who are already established in other markets and service other aspects of the industry.
'Immagino have a great approach and have quickly interfaced and assimilated our processes. We are very excited by the potential this partnership offers, particularly in terms of making a standardised and known service proposition available to the category leading brands at a regional level.'
You may also want to watch:
The service, which provides a way for suppliers to create product information from physical samples and distribute it to any trading partners, was launched to industry earlier this year.
Bruno Aceto, CEO of GS1 Italy said: 'Our service proposition will equip brand manufacturers with a solution that will enable them to have greater control over the way that they market and merchandise their products across all channels – both online and offline in flyers and catalogues. It will ensure that they provide consumers with consistent product information that will enable them to make better decisions about the products they are purchasing.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 9 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 10 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
'Partnering with Brandbank means that we are able to bring a solution to the Italian market that is proven, efficient and has been designed to support the new EU Food Information for Consumers regulations EU 1169/2011. We are going to market with a proposition that will provide the entire Italian grocery industry with a single source of the finest product information from day one.'
• Do you have a business story for the Eastern Daily Press? Contact business writer Ben Woods on 01603 772426 or email ben.woods@archant. co.uk