Norwich entrepreneur’s business set to go into production after £23,000 loan boost
- Credit: Archant
A young entrepreneur, who started a nutrition supplement business from his bedroom when he was just 21, has received funding to create his first production line.
John Horwell founded Norwich-based Hench Nutrition, which offers specialist nutritional supplements in 2010. Initially the business operated online with manufacturing outsourced and built up his business, continually improving and testing his recipes. With demand increasing, he left college to focus on the business. With a growing customer base behind him, he has decided to kick-start manufacturing the products himself.
To make the switch he secured a £23,000 loan from NatWest which helped him buy pharmaceutical grade manufacturing equipment directly from overseas.
He said: 'Since getting our bank loan, we have managed to increase our turnover substantially, Last year we achieved £550,000 but this year we are well on our way to hitting our target of £1m turnover thanks to both the new equipment and further investment in new and innovative product lines.
'We're cutting out a third party and can now increase our profit margins while maintaining our low prices. All profit will be reinvested into the business and fuel growth going forward.'
You may also want to watch:
Simon Meekings, NatWest relationship manager, said: 'It has been a real pleasure to have been able to support John in his venture. I am confident that he has got what it takes to make Hench Nutrition a real success and I look forward to watching the business grow.'
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 3 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 4 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 5 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 6 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 7 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 8 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 9 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 10 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening