Norwich driving school’s national aim
A Norwich driving school company founded nine years ago is set for national expansion with branches across the country.
5Day runs week-long driving courses which combine theory and practical instruction with the aim of enabling pupils to pass their driving tests at the end of a week of intensive instruction.
Richard Minkler, who founded the business with his wife Jo, built the company from scratch to one which puts 1,000 learner drivers through their tests a year.
It has now worked with Norwich-based Franchise Development Services (FDS) to expand nationwide with the potential to create 1,000 new jobs.
He said: 'We decided to work with Franchise Development Services to expand our business after a meeting at last year's Royal Norfolk Show.
'They helped us put together our franchise offering after first carrying out an evaluation analysis and creating an outline franchise development business plan. We then clearly understood what would be involved in creating a successful franchise. We then worked through the production of all the infrastructure requirements and are now ready to evaluate applicants and award our first franchises.'
The company was given help from franchise lawyers and financial advisers in Norwich and has already had interest from several individuals. It aims to establish the first franchise owner by the end of the year.
- 1 Blaze sees 20 passengers evacuated from city bus
- 2 'Significant construction' on A47 to begin in 2023
- 3 Parked cars prevent buses from serving north Norfolk village
- 4 First-time publicans transform their local and are already winning awards
- 5 Buses damaged in city centre collision
- 6 All of the Norfolk streets that won the Postcode Lottery in June
- 7 John Bailey: Lord Botham, our cricketing angler/conservationist
- 8 New pub landlord welcomes back families and introduces street food menu
- 9 Host a roast dinner with unlimited Yorkshire puds at newly-refurbished pub
- 10 West Norfolk beach named the best in the east
Mr Minkler added: 'Initially we are looking at establishing new branches at Birmingham, Bristol, Peterborough, Hastings, Epsom, Slough, Watford and in Northern Ireland as we have established that these as the areas offering the greatest opportunities. In the first year we aim to establish three new branches.'