Norwich driving school’s national aim
A Norwich driving school company founded nine years ago is set for national expansion with branches across the country.
5Day runs week-long driving courses which combine theory and practical instruction with the aim of enabling pupils to pass their driving tests at the end of a week of intensive instruction.
Richard Minkler, who founded the business with his wife Jo, built the company from scratch to one which puts 1,000 learner drivers through their tests a year.
It has now worked with Norwich-based Franchise Development Services (FDS) to expand nationwide with the potential to create 1,000 new jobs.
He said: 'We decided to work with Franchise Development Services to expand our business after a meeting at last year's Royal Norfolk Show.
You may also want to watch:
'They helped us put together our franchise offering after first carrying out an evaluation analysis and creating an outline franchise development business plan. We then clearly understood what would be involved in creating a successful franchise. We then worked through the production of all the infrastructure requirements and are now ready to evaluate applicants and award our first franchises.'
The company was given help from franchise lawyers and financial advisers in Norwich and has already had interest from several individuals. It aims to establish the first franchise owner by the end of the year.
- 1 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 7 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 10 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
Mr Minkler added: 'Initially we are looking at establishing new branches at Birmingham, Bristol, Peterborough, Hastings, Epsom, Slough, Watford and in Northern Ireland as we have established that these as the areas offering the greatest opportunities. In the first year we aim to establish three new branches.'