Norwich-based electrical supplier Hughes Trade continues northern expansion
- Credit: Hughes Trade
A regional trade supplier has continued its expansion in the North of England by investing £500,000 in a new store.
Norwich-based Hughes Trade has opened a branch in Leeds which will initially employ three staff and means the company will now be operating throughout Yorkshire, Teesside and Humberside.
General manager Paul Chisnall said: 'This is great news for Hughes Trade in our 10th anniversary year.
'We have been looking to expand our operation further north for some time and are delighted to have bought a building in such a great location.
'It will complement our operation in Preston and give us a great presence across the North of the country.'
You may also want to watch:
The news means Hughes Trade now covers 75% of England with 14 branches and around 50 employees.
Mr Chisnall said: 'Once established we will be looking to grow the business and staff numbers by targeting builders, charities, hotels, guest houses, holiday parks, pubs, restaurants etc, across the North of England, offering a full range of electrical products.'
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 3 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 4 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 5 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 6 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 10 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month