Aviva appoints new CEO
- Credit: Aviva
Aviva has announced that Maurice Tulloch has become chief executive officer.
Mr Tulloch takes over from Sir Adrian Montague, chairman of Aviva, who had been in the role pending the appointment of a new chief executive. Mr Montague will now revert to his role as non-executive chairman.
Mr Tulloch said: 'I am honoured to lead Aviva, a business I have been part of for 26 years. There is a clear opportunity to realise Aviva's significant untapped potential. Aviva is financially strong, we have a well-known brand and excellent business. But there is more to do to improve returns for shareholders.'
Mr Tulloch's team includes those based at Aviva Norwich's Duke Street offices.
Mr Montague said: 'Maurice will be an outstanding chief executive. He knows the business inside out. He has led our business in the UK and internationally and built strong teams across life insurance and general insurance.
You may also want to watch:
'Maurice knows our strengths and knows where we need to improve.'
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 3 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 4 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 5 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 6 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 7 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 8 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 9 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace