Young Farmers’ shooting day raises cash for Alzheimer’s charity
- Credit: Norfolk YFC
A 'memorable day' of country sports helped North Elmham Young Farmers' Club (YFC) raise more than £500 for the Alzheimer's Society.
Club members enjoyed a day of game shooting – hosted by Gary Middleton, Kieran Middleton and Bob Laidlaw – in aid of the YFC's chosen charity for the year, followed by a meal at The White Horse in Longham.
A spokesman for the club said: 'Spirits were high on a dry, mild winter's day that really captured the true spirit of young farmers and the Norfolk countryside.
'The grand total of £529 was raised on the day for the Alzheimer's Society which speaks volumes for the generosity and support shown by all who attended and helped behind the scenes.'
North Elmham YFC will continue its fundraising on May 18 at the club's 75th annual dinner dance at Sussex Barns in Burnham Market.
You may also want to watch:
The anniversary celebration will include a three-course meal, a charity auction, and live music. Tickets are priced at £45 with tables seating 8-10 people. For more information contact Amy on 07825 235816.
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy