Norfolk Show preview: Grand ring programme revelaed
The Household Cavalry Musical Ride
The Household Cavalry Musical Ride is made up of eight soldiers from each of the Life Guards and The Blues and Royals dressed in full state ceremonial uniform with lances instead of swords. The display shows the horsemanship used by the regiments in the days when they still fought on horseback. Drills which demonstrate battlefield and ceremonial manoeuvres are carried out to music and focus on precise timing, co-ordination and dressage.
The RAF Falcons Freefall Parachute Team
Always a favourite at the Royal Norfolk Show, the nine-man team, using square parachutes which have a potential forward speed of 25mph, are steered using toggles. The parachutists form their trademark 'non-contact' canopy stack some 15ft above the man below, before following on down to the drop zone.
The British Imperial Military Band
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 5 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 8 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 9 'Horrendous' - Norfolk couple stuck in South Africa as Omicron spreads
- 10 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
The band is made up of ex-military musicians from all three of Britain's armed forces. It has a unique blend of experience, versatility, talent and tradition, and was formed to serve a vital role in providing a top quality professional band for engagements across the country.
Double Harness Scurry Driving
Scurry driving is a fast and exciting event, where two ponies running at full gallop pull a carriage through obstacles. Sporting drivers compete against each other to achieve the fastest time possible.
The following packs will be on parade in the Grand Ring: West Norfolk
Foxhounds; North Norfolk Harriers; Dunston Harriers; Waveney Harriers; Sealyham Terriers. Also, on Wednesday only, the Trinity Foot and South Herts Beagles and the East Anglian Bloodhounds will be on show.
On Thursday only: Essex and Suffolk Hunt.
The Royal Norfolk Show 2012 Games
The Royal Norfolk Show will be celebrating its own 2012 Games in the Grand Ring.
Fun-filled events will include a Tug-of-War competition organised by Active Norfolk, dance performances by local groups and a parade of 206 Olympic flags with some of Norfolk's Rising Stars.