Two Norfolk schools shortlisted for TES Awards
- Credit: Archant
Two Norfolk schools have made the final cut in one of the education industry's most well regarded awards.
Wymondham College and Stalham Academy have been shortlisted for the 2019 TES Awards, with the winners set to be announced at a gala dinner in London in June.
Wymondham College is up for the English team of the year, while Stalham Academy has been shortlisted in two categories: science team of the year and classroom assistant of the year.
It is the second year in a row that Stalham Academy staff have made the TES Awards shortlist after executive headteacher Glenn Russell was in the running for headteacher of the year in 2018.
Of the 2019, nominations, Mr Russell said: 'I feel these are wonderful achievements and say so much about the staff involved.'
You may also want to watch:
Wymondham College headteacher Dan Browning said the school's English department staff were 'at the absolute top of their game'.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker