Norfolk gets ready for Europe’s largest truck show
- Credit: Supplied
They're big, brash and loud and they're bound for Norfolk.
Europe's largest truck show, Truckfest East, will take place at Norfolk Showground on August 20 and 21.
The event has been running for more than 30 years, and looks set to bring more trucks, celebrities and entertainment to the region than ever before.
Lisa Kelly and Todd Dewey, stars of the television series Ice Road Truckers, will be joined by Lizard Lick Towing stars Ron and Amy to greet fans and take part in challenges in the main arena.
A monster truck known as Swamp Thing will also be making an appearance in the area, performing stunts and crushing cars.
The truck, driven by Tony Dixon, has been a fixture on the truck show circuit for many years.
Stunt legend Terry Grant will be at the show all weekend performing stunts and jumps, and he will be joined in the arena by the stunt bike team Broke FMX. There will also be stars from TV shows including Coronation Street, Emmerdale and Hollyoaks, plus Eddie Stobart Trucks and Trailers.
- 1 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 2 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 3 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 4 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 5 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 6 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 7 How much will Great Yarmouth's new Marina Centre cost?
- 8 Norfolk's landmark vote to curb second homes
- 9 Redundancy leads to Norfolk mum earning up to £3,000 a month
- 10 Roadworks and closures to be aware of in Norfolk this week
Scores of trucks will be on show ranging from classic vehicles of the early 20th century to the very latest and greatest trucks available on the market today.
Other attractions will include a Lucas Oils 10-seater 'cruiser' monster truck which will be giving rides.
On the Saturday there will be also be live music and other on-stage entertainment.
Truckfest also brings together manufacturers from across the trucking industry and is a showcase for hauliers to display the best examples from their fleets.
EDP and Mustard TV are Truckfest's official media partners.
The show is open from 9am to 5.30pm on both days. For more information or to book tickets go to visit www.truckfest.co.uk