Norfolk gets ready for Europe’s largest truck show
- Credit: Supplied
They're big, brash and loud and they're bound for Norfolk.
Europe's largest truck show, Truckfest East, will take place at Norfolk Showground on August 20 and 21.
The event has been running for more than 30 years, and looks set to bring more trucks, celebrities and entertainment to the region than ever before.
Lisa Kelly and Todd Dewey, stars of the television series Ice Road Truckers, will be joined by Lizard Lick Towing stars Ron and Amy to greet fans and take part in challenges in the main arena.
A monster truck known as Swamp Thing will also be making an appearance in the area, performing stunts and crushing cars.
You may also want to watch:
The truck, driven by Tony Dixon, has been a fixture on the truck show circuit for many years.
Stunt legend Terry Grant will be at the show all weekend performing stunts and jumps, and he will be joined in the arena by the stunt bike team Broke FMX. There will also be stars from TV shows including Coronation Street, Emmerdale and Hollyoaks, plus Eddie Stobart Trucks and Trailers.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 3 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 4 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 7 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 10 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
Scores of trucks will be on show ranging from classic vehicles of the early 20th century to the very latest and greatest trucks available on the market today.
Other attractions will include a Lucas Oils 10-seater 'cruiser' monster truck which will be giving rides.
On the Saturday there will be also be live music and other on-stage entertainment.
Truckfest also brings together manufacturers from across the trucking industry and is a showcase for hauliers to display the best examples from their fleets.
EDP and Mustard TV are Truckfest's official media partners.
The show is open from 9am to 5.30pm on both days. For more information or to book tickets go to visit www.truckfest.co.uk