Norfolk chef Galton Blackiston to appear on television’s Saturday Kitchen tomorrow
The Michelin-star restaurant chef will be cooking with local ingredients including Norfolk Peer new potatoes, which he was endorsing with MPs in King's Lynn this morning.
He said: 'I plan to prepare a £1-supper dish with locally-sourced foods, including samphire, wild bass, broad beans and these Norfolk Peer new potatoes.
'I use the potatoes at Morston Hall. When the farm manager first brought them to me a few years ago, I picked one of them up and the skin fell off when I rubbed it - that's a sign the potato is incredibly fresh.'
He was out promoting the potato brand at the Tesco store in King's Lynn this morning.
The supermarket chain now stocking the new potatoes, gown by Heygate Farms in fields around Swaffham, in its stores across East Anglia this season.
You may also want to watch:
They will be available until September.
The chef was also joined by the environment secretary Elizabeth Truss and north west Norfolk MP Sir Henry Bellingham.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 5 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 6 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 7 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 8 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 9 Glamping site approval despite highway safety concerns
- 10 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
Ms Truss, also south west Norfolk MP, said: 'I have been to farm myself to see where Norfolk Peer potatoes are grown - it is great to see this local brand going from strength-to-strength.'
Heygates Farm Manager William Gribbon added: 'With Norfolk Peer, our main focus is their freshness and quality. We can lift the potatoes out of the ground and straight to suppliers ready for the customer.
'This is quality local produce also available in local supermarket stores.'
Saturday Morning Kitchen is on BBC One tomorrow at 10am.
• Are you about to supply a product to a supermarket chain? Email firstname.lastname@example.org