Norfolk Broads boating company Ferry Marina introduces electric boat to its fleet
- Credit: Archant
Horning-based Ferry Marina has launched an environmentally-friendly addition to its fleet of leisure boats.
Len Funnell, owner of the Norfolk Broads boating holiday company, said: 'The Norfolk Broads are such an important part of our lives here and it's always been a passion of mine to work to preserve this landscape for future generations.
'One of the unique features of the Broads is its peace and tranquillity and now you can completely immerse yourself in it without the constant chug of the diesel engine – it makes such a difference to how you see and hear the wildlife on the Broads.'
The Whisper Emblem has been built by Ferry Marina's team of boat builders at their marina in Horning.
It is the first electric boat developed by the firm and features solar panels and a low wash hull.
You may also want to watch:
Turnover at the company reached £1.7m last year.
Ferry Marina currently runs a fleet of 34 cruisers, 10 day boats and 10 holiday cottages.
- 1 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 2 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 3 People queue at Norwich Primark an hour before 7am reopening
- 4 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 5 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 6 Lanes closed after lorry hits A47 central reservation
- 7 Months of resurfacing work on Norfolk's roads to start
- 8 Eight pints pulled in first three minutes as pub's 'happy hour' returns
- 9 Boss unhappy over fake worker's 'vile' comments about Prince Philip
- 10 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'