Norfolk-based corporate advisory firm reports string of major transactions
- Credit: Archant
A corporate advisory firm has reported its most successful year to date after a string of major transactions, including five acquisitions.
The sales of Eastern Storage Equipment Direct to AIM-listed Slingsby and Thetford-based poultry industry supplier Bowden & Knights to Elta Group are among the deals completed by Norwich-based JDC Corporate Finance.
The firm has also doubled the size of its specialist team to 14 over the last two years, including senior leadership team members Dave Howes from Grant Thornton, Chris Adlam from PwC and Kerri Phillips from BDO.
Founding director Jon Dodge said JDC, based in Meridian Business Park, had grown to become the leading specialist corporate finance and corporate advisory firm in East Anglia.
He said: 'This has been our vision since day one and over the last two years in particular, a strategic decision to bring in fresh talent and some of the region's most experienced professionals has reinforced this leading position.'
Private equity transactions have included a £5.4m minority investment by Maven Capital Partners in energy services and maintenance firm GEV Group.
Shareholder solutions work included the capital restructuring of Pinnacle Consulting Engineers, which included the partial exit of a founding shareholder.
- 1 Carriageway of A11 closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 2 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 3 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 4 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 6 Norwich Airport TUI flight delayed by 42 hours
- 7 Fire crews called to vehicle blaze on A47
- 8 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 9 11 indulgent spa getaways in East Anglia
- 10 Investigations continuing after man suffers serious injuries in crash
During 2015 JDC has led 15 shareholder re-organisation and succession planning projects, five acquisitions, seven major business growth consultancy projects, 15 corporate sales mandates and two private equity fundraising assignments, the majority in East Anglia.
Through sister-company Walton Dodge Forensic 70 specialist share value assignments have been completed.
Mr Dodge said: 'Our current projects and pipeline suggest that 2016 is already set on a trajectory which will see our activity levels continue to grow, and we are looking forward to working with new and existing clients.'
Founded in 2004, JDC has offices in Norwich and London, and its senior team has advised on more than 300 company sales and purchase transactions.
Is your firm planning a major acquisition or merger? Call Sabah Meddings on 01603 772879 or email sabah.meddings@ archant.co.uk