Norfolk and Suffolk firms score at apprenticeship awards
- Credit: Kevin Gibson Photography Ltd
Regional employers and their apprentices in sectors from housing to healthcare have been commended at an awards ceremony.
The National Apprenticeship Awards for the East of England saw a range of commendations for Norfolk and Suffolk entrants.
The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was named macro employer of the year, with Bury St Edmunds-based Greene King highly commended in the category.
The hospital also scooped an award for recruitment excellence.
In the large employer category Bespak in King's Lynn was the winner and the East of England Co-op was highly commended.
You may also want to watch:
Among the apprentices, Chloe Ludkin from Treatt in Bury St Edmunds was named intermediate apprentice of the year with Joshua Wraith from Victory Housing in North Walsham highly commended. The 'rising star' award was won by Aleksander Burzec from Norwich-based Home Group.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 10 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk