Nominate your favourites in the 2015 EDP Visit Norfolk Tourism Awards
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
The 2015 EDP Visit Norfolk Tourism Awards are up and running – and now it's your chance to nominate the people, businesses and events that make tourism our number one industry.
This year's awards have some fantastic new categories and sponsors to make them our best-ever celebration of a sector that generates £2.8bn a year for the Norfolk economy.
And what better way to launch our 11th series than to take a cruise on the Broads, one of the jewels of Britain's – not just Norfolk's – tourism offering?
Mark Garner, managing director of Broom Boats, which has made such a successful return to Broads hire in the past three years, volunteered one of his state-of-the-art new holiday boats for the special occasion.
The Broads is just one of a breathtaking array of landscapes and attractions we can offer to holidaymakers and day visitors.
The choice is endless from zoos and theme parks to museums and gardens – not forgetting great pubs, restaurants and cafés.
We want you to nominate your favourites whether it is a shining personality that always makes your visit memorable or a cafe where the welcome matches the food. Simply visit norfolk.tourismawards.co.uk to view the categories and make your nominations online. Businesses are invited to nominate themselves. The closing date for nominations is July 31 and, following judging, the winners will be announced at a black tie awards ceremony in November. For the first time, the awards will be held at the five star luxury holiday village, Potters Resort, in Hopton.EDP managing editor Tim Williams said: 'Our tourism industry deserves to be in the spotlight. It is a hugely important sector of the economy for East Anglia and the more we can all do to help promote the industry and ensure it continues to thrive is essential.'These awards recognise the achievements and endeavours of people working phenomenally hard and successfully locally.'This is your chance to give a well-deserved pat on the back to the stars of an industry that employs about 50,000 people in Norfolk.' Katie Lawrence, brand manager at lead sponsor Hoseasons, said: 'We are absolutely delighted to be supporting the EDP Norfolk Tourism Awards again this year. As one of Britain's biggest domestic tourism companies we work closely with partners from across the UK, but we continue to see Norfolk leading the national tourism scene and this is a chance for those businesses and individuals to achieve the recognition they deserve.'
Visit Norfolk brand manager Pete Waters said the awards were an important way of showcasing the people who made tourism such a success, 'none more so than in the Outstanding Achievement category'.
- 1 ‘Porn addict’ Norfolk doctor who secretly filmed women struck off
- 2 Norfolk fish and chip shop named one of the 10 best in the UK
- 3 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
- 4 Teenager died after choking on own vomit
- 5 Police break up rave at country park
- 6 5 famous faces who were born in King's Lynn
- 7 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 8 Small plates restaurant and bottle shop coming to north Norfolk town
- 9 'Disappointed and angry' - Cricket pitch repeatedly vandalised by bikers
- 10 Anger as three flights between Norwich and Amsterdam cancelled
• Are you working to promote tourism attractions in East Anglia? Email email@example.com