New vouchers aim to attract Norwich bus users to attractions in north Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Bus passengers are being encouraged to sample 'day trip treats' in north Norfolk under a new discount scheme.
Six attractions have jumped on board with Konectbus's service 2 buses between Norwich, Cromer, Sheringham and Holt.
One of the buses on the route has been renamed Seaside Special, highlighting the £4-off show tickets voucher available to passengers.
Other places along the route offering voucher incentives are Alby Crafts and Gardens, The Old Rock Shop Bistro and Bolton's Bistro at Cromer, the Priory Maze and Gardens at Beeston Regis, and Sheringham Little Theatre.
The offers, which run until the end of the year, are geared to encourage more bus passengers from the Norwich area to explore the delights of north Norfolk, said Bruce Stratton of Creative Tourism, Ideas and Solutions.
You may also want to watch:
Konectbus managing director Julian Patterson added: 'We're really excited about this opportunity which gives people yet another reason to travel by bus, helping to reduce congestion and pollution across Norfolk, in addition to helping the local economy.'
Passengers get their discounts, from cheaper show tickets to free coffees, by presenting vouchers on a leaflet in the service timetable.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 4 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 5 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 6 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 7 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 10 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
Konectbus launched its new number 2 service last November linking Sheringham and Cromer direct with Norwich city centre, and has since extended it to Holt following its popularity.
Cast members of Cromer Pier's Seaside Special summer show launched the scheme. Pier general manager Rebecca Wass said the venue looked forward to welcoming bus passengers to the summer and Christmas variety shows.