Maker of Kettle Chips unveil new flavours of popcorn
The makers of Norwich-based Kettle Chips, renowned for creating unusual flavours, have branched out into creating some new varieties of popcorn.
Metcalfe's skinny popcorn, made by Kettle Foods from its Bowthorpe base, has just revealed two new flavours of "Popcorn Jumbles" claiming them to be a "totally new popcorn experience".
Jumbles uses real fruit pieces with its butterfly popcorn and comes in two new flavours - toffee apple and Eton mess. Reminiscent of the much-loved traditional treat, toffee apple lovers can now munch on toffee and caramel-coated popcorn jumbled up with slices of dried apple.
The Eton mess flavour offers strawberry pieces and crunchy meringue shells mingled with strawberry-coated popcorn in a bid to replicate.
The firm says that both flavours are gluten-free, suitable for vegetarians, high in fibre and made without artificial flavours and colours. The toffee apple flavour is 107 kcals per portion and Eton mess 80 kcals.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman from Metcalfe's said: "Metcalfe's innovation team, the original creators of the beloved Sweet n' Salt flavouring, had the envious task of recreating these classic favourites. They've taken popcorn to a whole new level by scattering it with scrumptious little surprises.
"Made with the very best butterfly popcorn, this new shareable snack is a lusciously light substitute to those calorific chocolate share bags, making them perfect for movie nights, Christmas gatherings and even summer picnics, although you may not want to share."
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 3 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 4 Bargain Hunt films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 5 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 6 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 7 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 8 Administrators appointed at AF Biomass
- 9 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
Metcalfe's Popcorn Jumbles are available at Sainsbury's priced £1.79.
Kettle Foods, which is to be bought by Valeo Foods Group early next year, recently unveiled its Christmas flavour of Kettle Chips - truffled cheese with sparkling wine, teaming up with Winbirri vineyard in Surlingham.
Other unusual flavours of its crisps include white Stilton and cranberry relish and Cheshire cheese, red wine and cranberry. However, up to now, the Metcalfe's popcorns have come in regular flavours.