Norfolk manufacturer’s new paint range inspired by hardy Scandinavian products
- Credit: Supplied
Scandinavia has provided the inspiration for a Norfolk manufacturer's new range of paints.
The collection from Fenwick & Tilbrook comprises a range of interior and exterior paints in 120 colours, with the diverse palette selected with help from customer feedback.
The Attlebridge-based firm was inspired by Scandinavian exterior paints which were designed to withstand the worst of the Arctic weather, and has matched its ingredients to these hardy products to give its paints a longer lifespan.
The made-to-order products also have a low VOC content, meaning they release fewer solvents as they dry, and all the company's paints are water-based.
To accompany the new range Fenwick and Tilbrook is also launching an 'inspiration box', containing business card-sized samples of each of the 120 colours.
You may also want to watch:
Founded in 2016 by Simon Tilbrook and Martin Fenwick, the company turned over £200,000 in its first year and has invested £100,000 in developing its paints, including the new range.
Mr Tilbrook said: 'The leader in premium paints is turning over around £80m per year which demonstrates the size of the market at the high end.
- 1 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 2 Part of A47 closed after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 3 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 4 What you can (and can't) do as Norfolk enters Tier 2 restrictions
- 5 'It feels like Christmas': Shoppers return to city as lockdown lifts
- 6 Never mind Santa's sleigh... how about a Christmas combine harvester?
- 7 North Norfolk care home put into special measures
- 8 Early start for shoppers as Norfolk comes out of lockdown
- 9 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 10 Police search after reports of camouflaged man 'with weapon' in woods
'What Fenwick and Tilbrook is doing differently is making a significantly higher quality product. It is manufactured freshly to order and is available directly from ourselves or through one of our trusted local retail partners.'
He added: 'We have years of experience in paint manufacture and have developed a large and growing customer base of interior designers and quality decorators, as well as homeowners, who have been bowled over by the results of using our paint.
'We are very excited to be launching these paints into the market.'
Mr Fenwick said: 'The colour range is inspired to a great extent by the feedback we have received from interior designers and is created to meet the aspirations and tastes of our discerning customers.
'We don't hold stock of finished paint, so every order is made individually and freshly. That also means that we can colour match any brand of paint.'
The UK paint market is worth around £4bn annually and employs some 46,000 people.