Is H&M in King’s Lynn opening soon?
- Credit: Archant
A major clothing store looks set to open soon as it advertises for staff.
Both H&M and the Vancouver Quarter have declined to reveal when exactly the chain's new £3.8m anchor store will open in King's Lynn.
It is not clear why neither wishes to name the day. A spokesman for the clothing retailer, with 260 stores in the UK and Ireland, worldwide, said: "At present we do not have anything further we are able to communicate. Once we've more information to share I'll be sure to reach out."
When work began on the site of a former Beales department store almost two years ago, the branch was expected to be open by this spring.
Work on the exterior of the building is almost complete but its interior does not appear to have been fitted out.
You may also want to watch:
Job advertisements for roles including sales advisors, department managers and visual merchandisers have now appeared online, without start dates.
The opening comes after a number of high profile store closures in and around Lynn town centre including Mothercare and Next.
- 1 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 2 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 3 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 4 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 5 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 6 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 7 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 8 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 9 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 10 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road