New Aviva general insurance boss meets Norwich staff
- Credit: Archant
Aviva's new top boss of its UK & Ireland general insurance division met staff in Norwich yesterday.
Maurice Tulloch, whose promotion was announced on Tuesday, visited workers at the firm's city centre office Surrey House and its Horizon call centre.
It comes amid a management shake-up which saw the insurance giant parting company with Robin Spencer, who previously held the role, just 14 months after he was handed the job.
Mr Tulloch, who spoke to about 250 staff, said: 'It's exciting to be here in Norwich, meeting employees and hearing about the great work they do.
'Norwich is incredibly important to Aviva and that will not change.
You may also want to watch:
'I am intent on spending a considerable amount of my time here, getting to know the people, the area and strengthening Aviva's already considerable ties with the local community.'
The insurance company announced plans in April to axe around 2,000 jobs – equivalent to 6pc of its global workforce.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault