Norfolk awards name county’s favourite restaurant
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A Norwich restaurant has landed a local award after being voted Norfolk's favourite.
The annual Muddy Stiletto awards aim to recognise the very best of local independent businesses.
Dubbed, the "urban guide to the countryside", the popular online blog gives people the opportunity to vote for nominated independent Norfolk businesses in 24 categories, from bookshops to best hair salons.
This year Benedicts in Norwich won the restaurant category, beating fellow finalists Season In Wells (Wells-next-the-Sea), Socius (Burnham Market), Rocky Bottoms (West Runton), and Market Bistro (Kings Lynn) to the top spot.
The winning restaurant which, like it's name suggests, is located on St Benedicts Street, is run by Great British Menu star Richard Bainbridge and his wife Katja.
Specialising in modern British cuisine, Benedicts has also been named in The Times Top 100 Restaurants in the UK, appeared in Square Meal's Top 100, is a winner of the EDP's Norfolk's Best Restaurant award and was awarded 3 AA Rosettes in January 2018.
Further Norwich businesses joined Benedict's as a category winners, with The Rooftop Gardens scooping the Muddy Stiletto for bar, The Barn Beauty Rooms taking the prize for beauty salon, and Norwich Theatre Royal triumphing in the arts venue category.
- 1 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
- 2 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 3 Father in court charged with murder of his teen daughter
- 4 Father and son in court charged with murder of man
- 5 Concerns raised over fate of junior school site
- 6 Parking charges at city parks has raised £0
- 7 Two men charged with murder after death in Downham Market
- 8 Farm launching wild camping with breakfast hampers and street food nights
- 9 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 10 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
For a full list of category winners across Norfolk, see our embedded table.