Mother and daughter open first shop together in Holt to showcase their screen-prints
- Credit: Keith Whitmore
A mother and daughter team are bringing their screen-printing designs to Norfolk with the opening of their first shop.
Screen-printers Michelle and Stephanie Witts opened Mitographie in Holt on Saturday, where they will be selling a range of fabrics, cushions, bags and other homeware accessories adorned with locally-inspired prints.
Current collections include Beachcomber and Glaven, which are inspired by the Norfolk coast and countryside and feature stags, pheasants, lobster and mackerel.
The pair, who studied textiles together at London Metropolitan University, decided to move back to Norfolk 18 months ago to build on the success of their online business, Witts Design.
Head designer Michelle said: 'North Norfolk has always been an inspirational region for me and I am so pleased that we have been able to open our shop in the area that has inspired us to design our unique and popular range.'
You may also want to watch:
As well as opening Mitographie, the creative duo are hoping to open a design and screen-printing studio in Holt for production, as well as hold workshops, courses and business events to showcase the art and craft that goes into producing their products.
- 1 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 2 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 3 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 4 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 5 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 6 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 7 Major boost for £100m campaign to reintroduce rail travel between two Norfolk towns
- 8 Man stabbed in leg and stomach by drug dealer who jumped out of car
- 9 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 10 Norfolk coronavirus infection rate falls below three figures