Mother and daughter open first shop together in Holt to showcase their screen-prints
- Credit: Keith Whitmore
A mother and daughter team are bringing their screen-printing designs to Norfolk with the opening of their first shop.
Screen-printers Michelle and Stephanie Witts opened Mitographie in Holt on Saturday, where they will be selling a range of fabrics, cushions, bags and other homeware accessories adorned with locally-inspired prints.
Current collections include Beachcomber and Glaven, which are inspired by the Norfolk coast and countryside and feature stags, pheasants, lobster and mackerel.
The pair, who studied textiles together at London Metropolitan University, decided to move back to Norfolk 18 months ago to build on the success of their online business, Witts Design.
Head designer Michelle said: 'North Norfolk has always been an inspirational region for me and I am so pleased that we have been able to open our shop in the area that has inspired us to design our unique and popular range.'
You may also want to watch:
As well as opening Mitographie, the creative duo are hoping to open a design and screen-printing studio in Holt for production, as well as hold workshops, courses and business events to showcase the art and craft that goes into producing their products.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 3 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 4 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 5 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 6 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 7 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace
- 9 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 10 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE