Mini beach huts revealed as theme for 2016 Cromer and Sheringham Crab and Lobster Festival art trail
- Credit: Archant
Wood you believe it? A seaside festival has revealed the latest in its line of quirky trails - miniature beach huts.
The 2016 Cromer and Sheringham Crab and Lobster Festival will have the boiled-down creations as part of the festivities.
The huts will be made by north Norfolk charity About With Friends, which works with children, young people and adults with learning difficulties.
Once made, the 60-100 huts will be sponsored and decorated by businesses, artists, groups and individuals - then placed in locations in and between the two towns to form next year's art trail, which will run from Easter until the end of August.
Hilary Cox, festival joint president, went to the About With Friends workshop to collect the first hut that has come off the production line.
The charity also runs a cafe in Cromer, does outside catering, and offers gardening services.
Last year's trail comprised 100 decorated ship's wheels. In August, the wheels were auctioned off, raising £5,000.
- 1 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 2 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 3 Redundancy leads to Norfolk mum earning up to £3,000 a month
- 4 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 5 Train travellers set for another weekend of rail disruption
- 6 Breckland builder dumped toilet cisterns and bathroom items in front garden
- 7 Woman in serious condition in hospital after crash between two cars and van
- 8 Car seen driving on the wrong side of the A47
- 9 Abnormal load to travel through county on first day of Norfolk Show
- 10 Grandmother died after clothing caught fire on stove
This week, the festival committee met to decide which charities will get a share of the money. Their decisions will be revealed in the coming weeks. The 2016 festival will open with a variety show at Cromer's Pier Pavilion Theatre on Friday May 20. Then, over the weekend of May 21-22, there will be stalls, activities and entertainment in Cromer and Sheringham. It is designed to promote the food and traditions of the two towns.
? See www.crabandlobster festival.co.uk