Heritage railway cancels ALL summer events
- Credit: IAN BURT
A much loved heritage railway has announced all of its special events trains for summer 2020 have been cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions.
Some of Mid-Norfolk Railways event trains, including Cream & High Tea, 1940s weekend and beer festival services have now been cancelled.
Charlie Robinson, the chairman of the Mid-Norfolk Railway said: “The railway is continuing to monitor the evolving situation and is following the Government’s instructions.
“This has been a very difficult decision to make and has not been taken lightly, however the safety of our customers, staff and volunteers must always come first.”
Other trains that have been cancelled include, Fish & Chip, Rock ‘n’ Rail and the Jazz Trains.
You may also want to watch:
The railway is offering all passengers who have already booked the opportunity to carry over their existing booking to 2021, at 2020 prices or receive a refund of the ticket price.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 6 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 7 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 8 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 9 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 10 Former Norwich City coach moves on again - after just three months