Regional insolvency practitioner raises thousands at charity bowls tournament
- Credit: McTear Williams and Wood
An East Anglian insolvency practitioner has raised more than £2,000 for Macmillan Cancer Support at its annual bowls tournament.
In total 12 teams of professionals battled for the McTear Williams and Wood Trophy, now in its 10th year, at Diss and District Bowls Club.
The winning team were the Gulls, comprising Eleanor Russell of Isadore Goldman, Simon Willis of Leathes Prior, Jonathan Lloyd of Hazells chartered surveyors and Jo Watts of McTear Williams and Wood.
In keeping with tradition, the contestants wore an array of novelty slippers.
In total the tournament raised £2,160 for Macmillan Cancer Support, with a cheque presented by company director Chris McKay to Sema Hussein, the charity's corporate and new business fundraising manager.
You may also want to watch:
A McTear Williams and Wood spokesman said: 'Once again McTear Williams and Wood extend their thanks to everyone who took part.'
- 1 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 2 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 3 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 4 New mass vaccination centre opening in Norfolk
- 5 Chef to reopen major hotel that closed amid financial woes
- 6 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 7 Cottage project that is a 'step back in time' coming under hammer
- 8 Revealed: Adult vaccination rates are lower in some areas of Norfolk
- 9 Mum sets up sideline selling jewellery made from breast milk
- 10 Police fine 39 second-homers and day-trippers in resort crackdown