Machinery demo at Honingham Thorpe Farms attracts record entry
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2014
A record 55 exhibitors took a wide range of agricultural equipment to the biennial Norfolk Farm Machinery Club (Normac) cultivations demonstration.
More than 3,000 farmers, farm managers and staff from all over East Anglia and the Midlands attended Thursday's event, one of the largest of its kind in the UK, at Honingham Thorpe Farms, west of Norwich.
Machinery was put through its paces on around 200 acres of farmland with each piece of equipment having a large plot.
Normac county organiser Chris Thomas said: 'It was an excellent day and we are extremely grateful to our host farmer for allowing us to use his fields and facilities.'
He said alongside a wide range of expensive, hi-tech equipment there were more than 20 stands selling small tools and gadgets; there were also advice and education areas.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Thomas said the demonstrations were important as there were a lot of new developments in cultivation.
- 1 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 2 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 7 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 8 Norfolk social worker loses race discrimination case
- 9 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 10 'We'll be forced back on the roads' - travellers' plea at site hearing