Sponsorship from Homes developer Lovell funds shirts for young Holt rugby players
- Credit: Lovell
Young rugby players in Holt are sporting a new team strip after scoring a sponsorship boost from a local housing developer.
Backing from Lovell, which is building new homes in the town, has funded a full set of shirts for the Holt Rugby Club's under-sevens team.
The club's minis and youth chairman Neville Drewry said the new kit is already fostering team spirit.
'Now they all have the same shirts it's helped bring them together as a squad and made the youngsters really feel part of a team. One of the players told us he 'feels like a proper rugby player now!'.'
He added: 'Without Lovell's backing and the help we receive from other sponsors, we would not be able to run or offer the standard of rugby we do.'
You may also want to watch:
Lovell regional managing director Simon Medler said: 'The club plays a hugely important part in the life of the town and is a great example of the energy and community spirit which makes Holt such a desirable place to live.'
- 1 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 2 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 3 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 4 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 5 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 6 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 7 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 8 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 9 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 10 Norwich water supply hit for second day running