Lotus launches limited edition Evora GTE for Chinese market
The importance of the Chinese market to Norfolk-based group Group Lotus has been underscored with the launch of a special China edition of the Evora GTE at the Beijing International Motor Show.
With more than half of Lotus' orders coming from Asia there has been strong demand for the Evora GTE following its launch at last year's Frankfurt motor show.
Only 118 cars are being produced and engineers have adapted the GTE to suit Chinese roads.
Group Lotus chief executive Dany Bahar said: 'As the top potential market for sports car brands, China is a vital part of the five-year revival plan we announced 18-months ago. We are committed to bringing our unique products, distinctive style and rich history to China to provide Chinese customers with diversified and personalized product choices.'
Lichen Zhang, President and chief executive of Lotus China, said: 'Within six months of Lotus Cars' entry into China, orders have exceeded our expectations, which has strengthened our confidence in developing the China market. At the same time, in accordance with the China market's characteristics and customer requirements, we have developed the Lotus Evora GTE China Limited Edition which we are launching here in Beijing, together with the Evora IPS.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'