Larking Gowen appoints new managing partner
Regional accountancy partnership Larking Gowen will have a new man in the top job from January.
Jonathan Woolston, who has been based in the Norwich office since 1993, will take over from Bob Rose as managing partner next year.
Mr Rose will continue to be an active partner in the company, but will become more involved in the day to day affairs of his clients.
Mr Woolston qualified as a chartered accountant in 1984 and was admitted to the partnership in 1993.
He said: 'The firm has expanded and progessed under the leadership of Bob for the last 15 years and I look forward to continuing the development of the firm across East Anglia.
You may also want to watch:
'Bob has well established the role and with the support of the great teams around me, I fully expect to be able to carry out my new responsibilities and still have plenty of time for my clients as well.
'I am greatly looking forward to my new role as managing partner for Larking Gowen.'
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 3 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 4 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 5 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 6 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 10 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
Mr Woolston has spent most of his professional career advising owner-managed businesses as well as dealing with a number of large corporate audits. Since 1988 he has also been responsible for developing a specialism in advising professional practices, particularly solicitors' practices.
He also carries out expert witness work and is a founding member of the Expert Witness Institute.
Mr Rose said: 'I have thoroughly enjoyed my period as managing partner, it has been an exciting time in the development of the firm.
'The firm now has 20 partners and nine offices across East Anglia and is proud to be one of the founder members of MHA, a group of independent chartered accountants, with offices across the United Kingdom and, through its membership of Morison International, representation across the world.
'I know that the firm will be in safe hands with Jon and I wish him all the best during his tenure as managing partner.'