Lamma 2018 machinery show set to bring thousands of farmers to East Anglia
- Credit: Briefing Media/John Eveson
The drive to boost performance and productivity will bring thousands of farmers to East Anglia next week for the agricultural machinery industry's largest annual showcase.
The two-day Lamma 2018 show is expected to attract 40,000 visitors to the East of England Showground in Peterborough on January 17 and 18.
Those looking to invest in upgrading their machinery fleet will be able to compare the products of more than 850 exhibitors, with many using the event to launch new tractors, seed drills, cultivators, sprayers, GPS systems, grain driers and livestock handling gear onto the UK market.
With Brexit bringing potential changes to farm policy, subsidy structures and trading arrangements which could affect the bottom line of farm businesses, many will be looking for new technologies which can help reduce costs and raise productivity.
Elisabeth Mork-Eidem, group head of events at organisers Briefing Media, said: 'Last year we heard of many positive conversations that resulted in a significant amount of business, and we fully expect that to continue at Lamma 2018 as key decision-makers across agriculture continue to gear up for the future.'
You may also want to watch:
The event will feature major international manufacturers, as well as smaller agricultural engineering and machinery companies from across the UK, giving visitors access to the full spectrum of innovation.
New features for 2018 include a Farm Safety Zone, sponsored by health and safety consultancy Safety Revolution, introduced to help reduce the high number of deaths and injuries on UK farms.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 5 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 6 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 7 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 8 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 9 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 10 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
Experts will help visitors assess the health and safety provision within their business, and the zone is hosting a series of seminars with specialists offering advice from across the industry.
Lamma 2018 takes place at the East of England Showground in Peterborough on Wednesday January 17 between 7.30am and 5pm and on Thursday January 18 between 7.30am and 4.30pm.
Entrance to the show, and car parking, is free of charge. For more details see the Lamma show website.