Norfolk favourite shortlisted for Independent Bookshop of the Year award
- Credit: Archant
One of Norfolk's favourite book stores is in the running to win a prestigious national award.
Kett's Books, in Wymondham, has been shortlisted for the 2021 Independent Bookshop of the Year Award.
Its inclusion was announced by the British Book Awards on Thursday (February 18) morning.
Since February 2014, Kett's has been run on a not-for-profit basis after a group of volunteers met to discuss the imminent closure of the existing shop.
The Whartons Lane store is named after Wymondham's most famous son, Robert Kett, as a tribute to the values he upheld for town's people.
You may also want to watch:
Kett's Books has made the East of England shortlist alongside:
- Harris & Harris Books - Clare, Suffolk
- Niche Comics & Bookshop - Huntingdon
- Red Lion Books - Colchester
- 1 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 2 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 5 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 6 Hairdressers working 12-hour days to recoup Covid losses
- 7 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 8 Caravan left dumped near beach for several years will be removed
- 9 Police investigate 'possible assault' after Dereham town centre fight
- 10 How landlord behind squalid flats was finally brought to justice
A total of 48 bookshops from nine different regions and countries in the UK are vying for the top prize, to be announced during an online ceremony on May 13.
Regional winners will be announced first, on March 17.