Jobs: There are over 100 medical and carer vacancies in Norfolk on Jobs24 right now
- Credit: Getty Images
Looking for work in the medical or carer sectors? There are currently 127 positions available across the county online at Jobs24.
• The highest paid position available is for a full-time Residential Home Manager with previous experience working in elderly residential and dementia services. Based in Norwich, the successful candidate will earn £42,000 per year and will have the opportunity to run a care home, covering all aspects of its daily operation. Applicants must be confident, autonomous and have the drive to ensure that the home is a commercial success. Bonuses will include, retail vouchers and discounted health care.
• Home care and live in care provider Bluebird Care is currently offering a range of opportunities across Norfolk. These vacancies include various Care Assistant positions in areas such as Holt, Wroxham and Cromer, some of which are part-time and some full-time. These positions offer benefits such as 28 days paid holiday, company pension, ongoing training, £0.26 per mile fuel costs and free uniform. Candidates must be fully licenced drivers with their own car, be reliable and have a desire to make a difference to someone's life.
• Bluebird is also urgently seeking Live In Care Assistants in Wroxham. This role involves undertaking one to two week long assignments followed by a break of one to two weeks. During the assignment period, the Care Assistant is required to offer full support and companionship and the normal working day will run between 7.30am to 10pm. Successful candidates will be paid £75 per day, working out at £525 per week, as well as paid mileage for any trips made and receive a food allowance.
• Other vacancies include an opportunity to work for national charity Together For Mental Wellbeing as a Wellbeing Worker in Cawston for maternity cover of up to 6 months. The role involves supporting those with mental health concerns and housing support needs. Liam Cole, Head of Human Resources at Together said: 'It can be an amazing experience working for a charity to support people to take control of their lives and achieve their goals, which is why these roles can be so popular. Some positions require specific skills and experience, but others are suitable for people with no previous experience or mental health qualifications – it's more about finding people that share our values. We look for people who are resourceful and resilient, can reflect on their own practice, and share our belief that people can and should be supported to live the life they want to lead, regardless of how ill they are.'
• An Autonomous Nurse Practitioner is also needed to work across Norfolk. This position will require the successful candidate to provide face to face consultations with patients presenting with minor illness needs and Primary care conditions. Applicants must have NMC registration and be First level registered nurses. Previous experience in diagnosis and treatment of patients with primary care presentations is crucial.
• For those looking to break into the industry, several apprenticeship vacancies are currently on offer, including a Care Apprenticeship in Great Yarmouth which pays £99 per week and involves working with residents suffering with dementia, providing daily support and personal care as well as assisting visiting doctors, delivering meals and greeting visitors. An Apprentice Nursing Auxiliary is also needed. This position, based at Sun Court Nursing Home in Sheringham, requires applicants to have a minimum of four GCSE's at grade D or above, including English and Maths. The apprentice will be supporting nurses with daily activities. This is a physically demanding role which will pay £180 per week.
• Find hundreds of other local vacancies online at jobs24.co.uk