Jobs: Looking for work in Thetford? There are 67 vacancies available right now on Jobs24
- Credit: Archant
Looking for a new career in Thetford? There are currently more than 60 job opportunities online at Jobs24 offering a range of salaries and covering a variety of skills from dog grooming to driving.
• The highest paid positions available are for an Operations Improvement Engineer and a Facilities Manager, both of which offer salaries of up to £40,000 per annum depending upon experience.
• The Operations Improvement Engineer will be responsible for the identification of production problems and delivering solutions to fix them. This position involves a high level of machine and tool modification and/or replacement and thus previous experience working within a factory environment and a degree in production, mechanical or manufacturing engineering is essential. The ideal candidate will also be good at problem solving.
• The role of the Facilities Manager involves ensuring the needs of the business are met and managing a team of professionals. The successful candidate should preferably have worked for a service provider previously and have experience working with contractors, carrying out audits and reducing operating costs.
• An experienced Class 1 Driver is also needed in Thetford on a contract basis. Normal shifts include a one drop night shift and the occasional day shifts doing multi drop. This position will pay up to £11 an hour dependent upon experience and applicants must have a passport or full birth certificate, proof of National Insurance Number and both parts of a driving license.
• A qualified dog groomer is required to work at two busy parlours - one in Thetford and one in Watton. Applicants must hold a minimum of a level 2 City&Guilds qualification. The ideal candidate will be passionate about animals, highly motivated, able to work under pressure, have great communication skills and be able to work 40 hours per week from Tuesday to Saturday. The position has an annual salary of £16,000.
• For school leavers there are several apprenticeships available including an upholstery apprenticeship, where working as part of a small team the main responsibilities will include upholstering all types of furniture and other items. Candidates will also be expected to maintain quality standards, undertake housekeeping and operate tools and equipment with care and attention. This position is for 40 hours a week and pays £132 per week.
• Find these jobs and hundreds of other local vacancies on Jobs24.