Jarrold joins business network for EACH’s nook appeal
- Credit: EACH
A retail institution in Norwich has become the latest company to sign up to a charity business network.
Jarrold is the 39th member of the nook business network, which exists to support East Anglia's Children's Hospices' (EACH) nook appeal.
The department store has pledged to raise £10,000 for the appeal, which aims to raise £10m to build a new hospice in Framingham Earl.
Foundations for the hospice were dug in November after the appeal hit £7m.
Jarrold plans to donate proceeds from its carrier bag sales and host a fashion show among other fundraising activities.
You may also want to watch:
It has chosen EACH's nook appeal as one of three good causes to back until 2020, with the other beneficiaries being Big C and the Prince's Trust.
Sophie Mayes, EACH Norfolk corporate fundraiser, said: 'We're really excited to be working with such a popular store as Jarrold and can't wait to see what staff get up to in order to fulfil their pledge.'
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 6 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 7 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 8 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout