Jarrold fashion show keeps the runway looking cool
Models showcasing clothes from Norfolk's favourite department store managed to bring the 'cool' to today's runway extravaganza.
EDP Norfolk and Fosters Solicitors joined Jarrold to present the fashion show, where a number of goodies from its summer collection were teased to the audience.
The show has become a popular favourite among show-goers and had been organised ahead of the relaunch of the womenswear floor, which opens later this year.
Presented by radio broadcaster Chrissie Jackson the lively show was choreographed and set to music alongside the theme of movies, including The Devil Wears Prada and Saturday Night Fever.
Offering inspiration for the upcoming season the models danced their way through Madonna's Vogue and Kool & The Gang's Celebration while presenting clothes from both the high street and designer brands.
And a first for this year Jarrold and EDP Norfolk held a competition to find one customer to receive a special makeover.
Winner Melanie Hendry, of Pott Row, near King's Lynn, paraded her new look - made up of a seventies-style wide pantsuit with floral print jacket and wedge shoes - on the catwalk for the crowd.
- 1 Murder jury hears how 'angry' father ran over teenage daughter
- 2 Most desirable places to live in Norfolk according to estate agents
- 3 Festival-goers 'in the dark' over refunds following cancellation
- 4 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 5 Person injured and road blocked after north Norfolk crash
- 6 Revealed: The most isolated neighbourhoods in Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk festival cancelled amid 'challenging year'
- 8 Fears access road for new housing will be built on sacred land
- 9 New sites for gypsies and travellers proposed in Norwich area
- 10 Sign of the times: After 187 years jeweller Winsor Bishop changes name
A keen swimmer, she said although it was not her usual look she 'absolutely' loved it.
'I especially love the coral lipstick.'
The Jarrold womenswear department opens on September 16.