Is Woolworths coming back to Norfolk?
- Credit: IAN BURT
Is dear old Woolies set to make a comeback on the nation’s high streets?
The much-loved department store disappeared from our towns in December 2008.
Its 807 stores were famed for Pic ‘n’ Mix, Ladybird children’s clothes and selling just about everything you could think of.
Now there are hints on social media it might be set to rise again. A Twitter account today posted: “Here to save 2020! Woolworths is coming back to your high street, as a physical store!
“A couple of legal things to get sorted, but we’re full steam ahead at Woolworths HQ.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to get this right, so we need your help. What do you want at your UK #YourWoolworths?”
This lunchtime, it added Pic ‘n’ Mix would be coming back. Another tweet said “trial stores” would be opening next year.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 4 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 6 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 7 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 8 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 9 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 10 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner