Norfolk caterers launch ‘Instagrammable’ ice cream tacos
- Credit: @tfi.rocks
A family-run business in Norfolk has taken a savoury staple and made it sugary sweet.
Most tacos are made with cornflour shells and stuffed with spicy beans, but for those with a sweet tooth Thai Fried Ice has the perfect twist on the Mexican dish.
The Brooke-based catering business, run by the Given family, has recently added colourful ice cream tacos to their menu - which is available for events ranging from weddings and parties to horse shows.
The freshly made waffle taco shells are filled with a choice from 12 flavours of rolled ice cream and topped with whipped cream, a sauce and extra toppings.
Francine Given, co-owner of Thai Fried Ice, said: "My daughter, Arwen, works the pans with me and I know how much her generation love to Instagram new foods.
You may also want to watch:
"We're always trying out new flavours but felt we needed something extra to add, freshly made waffle tacos and rolled ice cream were pretty much made for each other.
"It took a few attempts to perfect the buttery waffle taco but we got there - such a shame we have to keep taste testing new products."
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 7 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 8 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 9 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
Thai Fried Ice started in 2016 after Mrs Given saw pan rolled ice creams on YouTube and decided to bring the concept from Thailand to Norfolk.
After the family imported the ice cream pans, they then refurbished a horse box so they could cater events.
Mrs Given added: "It's hard finding something a bit more unique these days, so we try to stay ahead of the game with new flavours and products."
Thai Fried Ice will be serving their tacos at Bergh Apton on Saturday, August 24 for the South Norfolk Pony Club open event and will return to the village for the Pony Club's open fun show on August 31.
For more information on how to book for events and prices see the website for Thai Fried Ice at tfi.rocks